Sunday 29 January 2012

Auckland Anniversary 2012 long weekend

This si the first long weekend of 2012, aside from the New Year weekend ofcourse.  Bug and I were initially planning to go to Waiwera and try kayaking but due to recent death in the family, we decided to stay at home.  I need to go to the office on Saturday to approve some payments to be made for Monday, Bug decided to work as well. Instead of going hoe early I decided to just stay and do some catch up work. I think it was a productive Saturday. I was able to complete some work that needs to be done for month end as well as clean my pile of papers in my desk and under my desk.

Sunday was all about food! We started our Sunday by cleaning the house.  Bug did the laundry while I clean the house and cook our lunch.  We head to the grocery to shop for our weekly stock then went back home for lunch.  This is what we had for lunch.

Slow cooked ribs
I got a pre-marinated pork ribs from countdown. It took 3 hours to slow cook the ribs but this is so yum! I also baked my favorite banana muffin.
Banana muffin without egg
We attended the 4.30 mass in the City then headed off to Glenfield night market after.  It was a feast of Asian food. I love going to night markets!

Steamed sweet corn ($3 each)

Takoyako/ Octopus balls ($5 for 8 pieces)
Some kind of chinese bread

BBQ mussels with garlic ($5 for 6 pieces)
Chicken satay ($5 for 2 pieces)

BBQ Squid ($3 each)

Churros ($4 for 3 pieces)

German sausage, this is a crowd favorite ($4.50 in buns)

Sisig ($7 with rice)

Cream puff ($1 each)
 Im planning to do some work again tomorrow or prolly head out to the gym. Good night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment