Saturday 18 June 2011

My pansit canton recipe

Yesterday, I had a sudden craving for noodles!Instead of having take away, I decided to create my own pansit canton recipe.  Home made meals are always better than buying out, right?! Atleast I know exactly what goes with my food. Well here is the finished product!

1 big bowl of my version of pansit canton


My first serving
  Ingredients are the following:
1 pack of pansit canton (I bought mine from Filipino store at $2.50)
2 pieces of skin less chicken breast, chopped according to desired size ( from foodtown about $5.40)
1 cup of Mixed frozen veggies (mixture of green peas, carrots, beans and corn, 10 cups costs $3.50 from food town)
2 small capsicums, chopped (1 red and one yellow), we call this bell pepper back home
1 pack of Mama Sita's chopseuy/pansit canton mix ($1.50 from Tindahang pinoy)
2 tablespoon of olive oil (or any kind of oil)
4-5 cloves of garlic, minced

Cooking instructions:
1. Dissolve the Mama Sita's mix to 1 cup boiling water, mix thoroughly and set aside;
2. Boil water and then pour this to the pansit canton until the canton is cooked, drain the water, then set aside;
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan;
4. Once the oil is properly heated, put the garlic.  Sautee until you can smell the garlic's aroma;
5. Mix the red and yellow capsicum, continue to sautee with the garlic;
6. Add the chicken pieces, stir fry with the garlic and capsicum until chicken is fully cooked;
6. Add the mixed veggies to the frying pan;
7. Add the dissolved Mama Sita's mix to the frying pan and leave for 5 minutes;
8. Once enough water has evaporated, remove the mixture from heat;
9. Add the mixture to the cooked pansit canton and mix thoroughly;
10. Serve with lemon.

I think this serves 5.  The bug doesn't like pansit canton so I'll be eating all of this by myself.  I think this recipe costs about $3 per serving. Not bad!! plus I know that its healthy!

Till my next post! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment